Getting enough sleep is extremely essential to maintain the overall well-being and maintain optimal health. Getting a decent 8 hours of sleep is as important as exercising and eating healthy.
If you’re facing a lot of trouble to get a good sleep, it might be because of various kinds of stress you’re dealing in your day to day life or maybe it’s your bedroom.
There are 5 topmost elements in your bedroom which leads to a peaceful good night sleep. If you have the below 5 things in your bedroom, we assure you that you will get amazing uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep or even more !!
1) Comfortable Mattress:-Mattress is literally the key to get a good sleep. The right mattress can make all the difference. Purchasing a really good quality mattress is crucial as it avoids back pain and neck pain in the near future. Memory Foam Mattress is one of the best mattresses out in the market. It provides good support to your body avoiding body ache. Buying a cotton mattress is the best you can do for yourself if you want to sleep like a baby.
2) Right Pillow :- Having the right bed pillows is not only comforting but they play an important role in supporting the head, neck, shoulders, hips, and spine. Pillows help to keep the upper body in alignment during sleep. Side sleepers should use a firmer and thicker pillow, while stomach sleepers should use a very soft pillow or no pillow at all.
3) Lighting: – Darkness matters!! Exposure to bright light makes it difficult to the brain to understand that it’s time to sleep. Dimming the lights an hour before your bedtime helps the process and gives a signal to the brain. Lights at night should be softer to the eye and dimmer with a light yellow effect. It helps you sleep better and wake up fresh. More light = Less sleep, Less Light/ No light = perfect sleep
4) Breathable Blanket and sheet: – We spend 1/3rd of our life sleeping and sheets play a very important role in how well we sleep. High Quality Cotton and Linen sheets are something you need to lookout if you want a sound sleep. A thick or thin blanket, as per your preference and body temperature just sets the tempo to get the sleep you need.
5) Blackout Curtains:-Blackout curtain’s primary job is to block sunlight. They are more effective than room darkening window. While purchasing Black out curtains, it is very important to make sure that they fully cover your windows. Blackout curtains have the ability to reduce your energy costs. In most homes, 10-25% of thermal energy loss is from windows.