Kitchen is the most prominent area of house from where all kind of energies prevail. As per Vastu your kitchen should be in South-east direction. Kitchen is considered to be the area which primarily focuses on health and well-being on the entire family. Vastu Shashtra considers kitchen to be a very sacred area and it is also believed that the energy flow in this area will command the atmosphere of your house.
Some essential things need to be considered in Vastu of your Kitchen area are,
- Kitchen means fire which rules the South-east direction, so primarily your kitchen should be in South-east direction only. If absolutely not possible then you may opt for North-west.
- The cooking stove should be in South-east corner and you should face east while cooking.
- The storage for all the food grains, utensils, the over-head cabinets should always be on the Southern and the western walls and not on the Northernand the Eastern walls.
- Dining table should be in the North-west direction, avoid keeping it in centre.
- A dishwasher can be placed in the North-westpart of the Kitchen.
- Windows in the kitchen should be in East side while small ventilators should be in South.
- The exhaust fan should be installed either in the North-west corner or the South wall.
- The slopeof the water flow should be from South-west towards North-east.
- All your electric appliances like microwave, oven or refrigerator should be in South-west.
- All your water storage and taps should be made in North-east of the kitchen.
- The sink should be in the North-east corner of the kitchen and at maximum distance from your cooking gas.
- There should be no toilets and bathrooms adjoining, and above or below the kitchen.
- The door of the kitchen should never face the door of the toilet.